Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

I've been busy. Really busy. Two of my sisters decided to come from Dallas to visit this weekend and it was exactly what I needed! A little R&R with my best friends (aka my sissies). Fiesta is going on right now in San Antonio, so there was no shortage of things to do. We went to Oyster Bake on Saturday. Oyster Bake is like the state fair without the rides and games. There's live music and tons of fair food. We ate our way through the booths - chicken on a stick, fried cheesecake, funnel cake, fried oreos, fried twinkies, chalupas...you get the idea. Yum! This baby inside of me was probably wondering what the heck was going on, it's ok, I don't eat like that all the time...one day is ok right?
We headed over to Gruene on Sunday for Gospel Brunch at the famous Gruene Hall. I've talked about how much I love Gruene here before. It is such a charming town!
If you live in Texas and you've never been to a Gospel Brunch I highly recommend it. You get a yummy southern style brunch - biscuits & gravy, ribs, mashed potatoes, etc. and an old school gospel band sings their hearts out. It's a pretty cool way to worship.
They ended the brunch on this...
We left there in smiles and milled around Gruene for a while.

I stopped into this antique shop. I always keep tabs on their milk glass pieces.

We strolled over to the general store and had ice cream from the old style soda fountain bar.

It was a perfect, relaxing weekend. Just what I needed! Thank you sissies for coming to see me, muah! I hope you had a delightful weekend as well. Now back to the grind...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like the perfect weekend! I've never been to the Gospel Brunch - def going to have to go now! Best!

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Allison, I highly recommend it. The next one is on mother's day weekend. Thanks for reading :-)

Sarah said...

What is that taupe color you used for the island?